church belongs to the Laugaland benefice of the Eyjafiord deanery.
Catholic churches there were dedicated to St. John the Baptist
and have probably been situated on the same spot since the acceptance of
The present church was built of wood in 1853 and is decorated by
a cross on the top of the western gable.
It seats 120 people.
1882 a gallery over the two foremost stave floors was built
for the church choir.
Among its valuable assets is a carved, wooden altarpiece with two
leaves, opening to both sides.
The stonewall around the cemetery has been extended several
times, when it was enlarged.
The church is the property of the farmer.