farm Litlibaer was abandoned in 1969. In 1999, it was left in
the care of the National Museum of Iceland, and the restoration
started. The sod house was originally built in 1894. About
20 people lived there for a while, but after 1917 only one family
stayed there. The area of the farmhouse comprises 3,9 x 7,4
metres and the house was two storeys. Two kitchens were built
close to the dwelling.
Among many ruins within and outside the stone wall around the farm, is
a round shelter for sheep. It is considered much older than
other constructions in the area. The total area of the fenced
area is about 3 hectares. The visible construction work in the
area rates among the best handicraft in the country.
Folk Museum of the Vestfjords is responsible for a 20th century
exhibition in the old farmhouse. The occupants of the farm
obviousely lived off the land and the sea.