the past, Grenjadarstadur ( Adaldalur) was the manor of the county. The total area
of its dwelling houses is about 775 mē. The oldest part dates back to
the early 19th century and in 1877 most of the houses were restored or
renovated. At this time approximately 30 people lived at the farm, but
in 1915 only 15 people were registered there.
houses were abandoned in 1932 and in 1955 The National Museum took over
and after a thorough restoration in 1955 a district folk museum was
opened to the public in 1958.
Open June, July, Aug. 10:00-18:00