farm is situated furthest south in the Laxa Valley, but is counted among
the farms of the Myvatn County.
In 1908, remains of dwellings from the 11th century
were discovered there.
The lodge was about 44 m long and 6-8 m wide.
scientists, who excavated the ruins thought, that they had discovered
the remains of a pagan temple.
The ruins were filled up again and about 90 years later an
international team of archaeologists started again and much has been
added to the earlier discoveries.
The farm Hofsstadir is very prominent in the landscape, when
people approach the Lake Myvatn from the west.