This church belongs to the
Grenjadarstadur benefice in the Thingeyjar deanery. Grenjadarstadur
was and is a parsonage, a church site, and a Folk Museum in the Adal
Valley south of the town Husavik in the North.
Catholic churches there were dedicated to
Marteinn the bishop. Annexed churches were at Thvera, Nes, and
Einarsstadir. The present church was built in 1865 and in the cemetery
in front of the church is a basaltic column gravestone with a runic