Stykkisholmur Church,

More About Iceland


STYKKISHOLMUR CHURCH
.

.

Buses-Flights
Ferries-Car rentals

 

This church belongs to the Stykkisholmur benefice in the Snaefell- and Dalir Deanery. Until 1878 the hamlet belonged to the Helgafell benefice, when a new parish for the people there was established. The old church of the small town has been renovated and still protrudes into the main street. It was built in 1879.

The new church is a concrete architectural adventure with seats for 300 people. It was consecrated in 1980 and has been used as a concert hall as well from the beginning. Its stands rather high and is very prominent from land and sea.

West Iceland Saga Trail


BACK               Nat.is - Box 8593 108 Reykjavik- Iceland - nat@nat.is - about us - sources               HOME