The Akureyri church was designed by architect Gudjon Samuelsson and consecrated in 1940. The central stained glass window above the altar formed a part of a set in the Coventry Cathedral in England.
The cathedral was destroyed in an air raid by the Germans. The bas-reliefs on the nave balcony are by sculptor Asmundur Sveinsson and the baptismal font is a replica of a work by sculptor Bertel Thorvaldsen.
Photo Credit: Vedi Sotto