As is a former parsonage and a church site in the Fell County in Eastern Iceland. During catholic times, the churches were dedicated to The Holy Mother. In 1883, the benefice was united with Vathjofsstadur.
The present church was built in 1898. A terrible accident took place near the farm in 1946, when a mine on top of a hummock killed the farmer, his two daughters, and a niece. During the occupation of Iceland, five years earlier, a British battalion exercising in the area must have left that mine behind.
Photo Credit: Kirkjukort.net