Einarslon is an abandoned farm to the west of the lighthouse at Malarrif Snaefellsnes West Iceland, a former church site and a fishing outfit in spite of the bad landing condition for the open boats. According to the census of 1703, 65 people lived there, and a century later 35. The farm was abandoned in the middle of the 20th century and the first church was built there in 1563 and the last one was abolished in 1880.
For a short period of time, half of the property was in the possession of Iceland’s most renowned painter, Johannes Sveinsson Kjarval, who fetched quite a few impressions and ideas for his work there. Between Einarslon and the Malarrif lighthouse is the cove Þraelavik. Off the coast there the last sailing vessel used for postal transport ran aground and perished. After that, steam vessels took over the service.