The House in Eyrarbakki is among the oldest wooden buildings of the country. It was imported ready cut in 1765. It is a two-storey house with loft and a total area of 659 m². The connected building, the Assistant House, was built in 1881 and has an area of 280 m².
In the beginning, it was the abode of the assistants of the Lefolii shop. The mole around the houses was built after the flood catastrophe of 1799. Just north of the House the outhouses, built in 1922, stand. Rabbits were bred there for human consumption. Later the garden was covered with sod and fish was dried on it.
In the 20th century, vegetables were grown there. The remnants of the pavement in front of the House were discovered in the summer of 1995. The ruins east of the House most probably are the remnants of a cow shed and an aqueduct from the washing room.