first hut was built in 1955, the garage in 1958, the fuel storage
house in 1963, and the second hut in 1965. The older hut
accommodates 20 people, and the younger 8-20 persons. The houses
are located 675 metres above mean sea level.
Both huts are locked, but those who make prior arrangements, usually
are granted access.
Contact Mr. Vilhjalmur Kjartansson, Tel.: 893-0742.
64° 18.614' 18° 14.319'.
Source: The IGC website.