The construction of a golf course on the property of farm Efra Sel started in 1984 and Golf Club Fludir was founded at the same time. The golf course is beautifully situated, partly on the banks of salmon river Litla Laxa. Forestation of the area startet at the same time and has been continued up to this date. The Club House was inaugurated in 1900 and enlarged in 1990. Its restraurant is licensed. In 1997 the farmer gave up cattle breeding and the enlargement of the golf course followed. The cow shed was reconstructed as a Club House. It and the new 18 hole golf course were inaugurated on June 16th 2001. During the winter of 2002-03, facilities for the golfers were improved in the basement of the Club House and a training course was designed.