Golf Club Nordfjordur was established
on May 8th 1965. Its permanent golf course is Graenanesbakkar.
In 1999 it was improved greatly by two new courses and a new club house.
This village on the
northern side of bay Nordjordur became an authorized
trading post in 1895 and the village started developing around it. Until
1949, when the road from Eskifjordur
was built across the mountains, the inhabitants relied mainly on sea