Husavik is a cove to the north of the Lodmundarfjordur Bay. The mountain frame around it is decorated with colourful rhyolite intrusions and half precious stones and crystals abound in the screes and on the coastline. Four farms occupied the lowlands on the cove until the middle of the 20th century.
The former parsonage there, called Husavik, was the last one to be abandoned in 1973. The catholic churches at Husavik were dedicated to the Holy Virgin and the present church was built in 1937-1939. There were quite a few fishing outfits on the cove until 1930 and some of them Faroese.
The main reason for the desolation of the area was the lack of and difficult communications, only a 4wd track, passable in summer, and communications on sea kept the inhabitants in connection with the outside world.