This church was built with basaltic lava stones in 1886-87 and consecrated on Christmas Day 1887. The proprietor of the Hvalsnes estate financed the church building. Extended maintenance work was carried out in 1945.
The most precious artefact in the church’s possession, probably is a tomb stone made by the Rev. Hallgrimur Petursson for his daughter’s grave.
Photo Credit: Visit Reykjanes