Cove Kalfshamarsvik is the northernmost of the Skagastrond County. The lighthouse on the Kalfshamar Peninsula was originally built in 1913 and rebuilt in 1939. The construction of the Cultural Community Centre, Framnes, was started in 1913.
From the turn of the 19th century several fishing outfits were operated there and in 1930 approximately 100 people lived there. During the economic depression of the thirties the people move to the village Hofdakaupstadur and the community was totally abandoned in 1940. A short distance from the lighthouse are beautiful basaltic columnar formations by the sea.