This church belongs to the Westman Islands’ benefice in the Kjalarnes deanery. It was built with stones and cement in 1774-1778, making it the third oldest stone church in the country.
Only the churches on the Videy Island (1759) and the Lutheran cathedral (1763) in the capital are older. Among the precious artefacts of the church are the church bells from 1619 and 1743, a chandelier with 16 arms from 1662, and the altar candlestick from 1642.
Landa Church is on the Saga trail for South Iceland.
Photo Credit: Carlos Ferrer