Kalfshamarsvik is the
northernmost of the Skagastrond County.
The lighthouse on the Kalfshamar Peninsula was originally built
in 1913 and rebuilt in 1939.
The construction of the Cultural Community Centre, Framnes, was
started in 1913.
the turn of the 19th century several fishing outfits were
operated there and in 1930 approximately 100 people lived there.
During the economic depression of the thirties the people move to
the village Hofdakaupstadur and the community was totally abandoned in
short distance from the lighthouse are beautiful basaltic columnar
formations by the sea.