is an abandoned fishing hamlet on the southern shores of the
The inhabitancy there was based on the fisheries and the hamlet
started developing in the late 19th century.
It thrived into the Second World War and the last inhabitants
left it in 1970.
lighthouse was built in 1912.
The French hospital, which was moved from the fishing village
Budir, housed 5 families, a community centre and a primary school for a
East Iceland Saga Trail