is the almost precipitous mountain slope between the villages Hnifsdalur
and Bolungarvik in the Westfiord Area.
The outermost part is called Oshyrna and below it are the mounds
Osholar, where a replica of the old fishing outfit,
Osvor, stands open
to visitors, who want to see the living conditions of the fishermen
the small museum is one of the many lighthouses of the Westfiords.
the road was built in 1949, the people had to travel on foot along the
slope and support themselves by hand in two places.
This was and still is a dangerous route because of falling
stones, landslides and avalanches and has claimed many lives.
In spite of all the modern safety measures, accidents still
At the most difficult and dangerous spot called Hald, a crucifix
was erected with the inscription: “The Good God protect the passers
between the villages Hnifsdalur and Bolungarvik
was opened for traffic on July 15, 2010.