This church belongs to the Stykkisholmur benefice in the Snaefellsnes- and Dalir Deanery. During the Catholic period, the churches were dedicated to St. Nicolas. The present church was consecrated in 1857.
It is a little, wooden church, the pride possession of the farmer at Bjarnarhofn. It is the home chapel of Bjarnarhofn and has no other parishioners.
Photo Credit: Kirkjukort.net