Town Thorlakshofn was named after the patron saint of the country. It has one of two existing harbours of the south coast. The other one is the estuary harbour of the town Hofn in the Southeast. Thorlakshofn is the export harbour for the Southwestern Lowlands and the harbour for the Westman Islands’ car ferry. The most important export products are fish products and rhyolite pumice. The town is among the most important fishing and fish processing towns of the country.
The first golf clubs in Iceland established were The Golf Club of Iceland in 1934 and the G.C. of the Westman Islands in 1938. The Icelandic Golf Association was established in 1942 and since then the clubs have increased in number.
GOLF CLUB THORLAKSHOFN
18 holes, sand, par 72