This island is to the north-northeast of the town Stykkisholmur. In 1702, 16 people lived there, when its fishing outfits had been abandoned because of the dwindling fisheries. Three boats, five heads of cattle and seventeen sheep were on the island at the time.
The advantages of the island were divided between its inhabitants and the ones on Island Arney, who reaped egg and down pickings, puffins and seals every other year. In 1920 the number of inhabitants was 15, and in 1946 the island was totally abandoned.