Farm Kaldarhofdi is opposite to the Drattarhlid Hill to the east of River Sog. One of the best angling spots of the river was on the property before the hydroelectric power station, Steingrimsstod, was constructed. In 1946 one of the most interesting and precious pagan grave of the country was discovered on an islet, Torfnes, in the proximity of this angling spot. An elderly man and a child had been buried there in a small boat and among the things left with them for the journey were a full set of arms and fishing gear.
A short distance from the farm are the ruins of the warehouse of the bishopric Skalholt, where the goods were ferried across the river. According to the legend, the source of the black flies of the area is a crater on the bottom of the upper part of River Sog.