Nearest towns or place of interest :
This church belongs to the Oddi benefice in the Rangarvellir deanery. Oddi has been a church site from the earliest days of Christianity and the construction of the first church was based on supernatural sightings. Men were seen flying through the air and one of them threw down a spear.
The church was built were it hit the ground. During Catholic times, the churches were dedicated to the Holy Nicolas. The present church was built in 1924 to seat 100 people. The artist couple, Jon and Greta Bjornsson, repainted and decorated it in 1953, before it was reconsecrated. The silver chalice probably dates back to the 13th century.
Photo Credit: Bromr