The present farm consists of earlier three farms, in (Fljodshlid) West, Middle, and East Samstadir. In 1927, The Agricultural Society of Iceland bought the properties to use for research in the fields of agriculture and the seed developement of Icelandic grasses. The first research leader was Mr Klemenz Kr. Kristjansson (1895-1980). Nowadays this work is in the hands of The Agricultural Reseach Institute, and the projects have been expanded to include experiments with fertilizers etc.
Photo Credit: Booking.com